Re: CASCADE PB - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Stephan Szabo
Subject Re: CASCADE PB
Date
List pgsql-admin
On Wed, 27 Nov 2002, fred wrote:

> Ok,
> Thank you for your quick answer,
> I'm affraid I made a mistake on my mail.
> I really wanted to automaticly delete line in the 'fact' table when I delete
> a line in the 'fact' table.
> But when I suppress a line in the 'coop' table I still have the related line
> in the 'fact' table.
> Do you think there is a mistake in my sql syntaxe ?

Not really, and on my 7.3b2 system (should be pretty much the same as
7.2.3 for the integrity constraints, since the only change I remember
being made was pretty unrelated) a delete from coop deletes all the rows
from fact.

Can you give a complete example (including some inserts and deletes) so we
can try it?