Problem about Bytea and SQL_C_CHAR - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Han
Subject Problem about Bytea and SQL_C_CHAR
Date
List pgsql-odbc
Hi,
    Here is the code:

    strcpy(data, "FF");
    cb = 2;
    rc = SQLBindParameter(hstmt, i,
                        SQL_PARAM_INPUT,
                        SQL_C_CHAR, SQL_VARBINARY,
                        precision, scale,
                        &data, MAX_STRING_SIZE,
                        &cb);
    rc = SQLPrepare(hstmt, "insert into test(ColBytea) values(?)", SQL_NTS);
    rc = SQLExecute(hstmt);

    After this, the value inserted in column ColByteatable(datatype is bytea) of table test was a char string 'FF',
whichwas expected to be 0xFF(255).

    There's no problem with binary column in Ms Sql Server. I'm porting my code from sql server to postgresql. So help
me,please!

    Regards!

        Han
        zhouhanok@vip.sina.com