Re: MemoryContextAllc error. - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Stephan Szabo
Subject Re: MemoryContextAllc error.
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Wed, 20 Nov 2002 ricky@freightstream.com wrote:

> i was trying to back up db from the server.
> i found the error while i was trying to backup.
>
> bash$ /usr/local/pgsql/bin/pg_dumpall > db.out
>
> ERROR:  MemoryContextAlloc: invalid request size 4294967293

I believe this probably means that you have at least one broken
row in the table. You'll probably need to find the affected row and
remove it.  See if you can do a select * from the table (it'll
probably fail as well), and then use limit/offset to find the
affected row(s).