Re: encoding... - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Steve Crawford
Subject Re: encoding...
Date
List pgsql-general
Assuming you mean a web browser, view the source code of the html page as a
first shot. Most browsers will put a ? in place of a character that they
can't render (hence the ugly look of many pages created with Microsoft tools
which tend to put in things like left and right quotes and trademark
characters instead of the correct ™ or other character codes). Make
sure that you are specifying the correct character set in your html page,
that your browser understands the characters you are feeding it (actually,
make sure you are using the correct &<symbol>; for the character you want to
display) and that your selected typeface has the character available before
suspecting the database. You may want to do the same query with psql and
other tools to see what is returned.

Cheers,
Steve