Possible Quotes - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Josh Berkus
Subject Possible Quotes
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Folks,

Here's some possible quotes from PostgreSQL developers:

From Tom Lane:
"Schemas are a big step forward because they offer flexibility and a
range of security options.  It's much easier and safer to let multiple
users share a database now --- and that means they can easily exchange
data if they want to, while being secure if they don't want to."

From Neil Conway:
"7.3 includes many new exciting features that will make it
even easier to write high-performance database applications using
PostgreSQL. One of these new features is the ability to use
server-side prepared queries to reduce query-planning overhead. This
should particularly enhance the performance of OLAP applications or
those that execute complex database queries over a long period of
time."

From Joe Conway, who wants us to attribute the quote to someone else:
"PostgreSQL 7.3 is chock full of new, oft requested, features such as SQL '92
schemas, prepared statements, and stored functions that can return record
sets. And under the hood there is a new dependency tracking system that allows
PostgreSQL to *safely* support many more subtle enhancements like the ability
to drop columns. Overall, long time PostgreSQL users should be very pleased
with this release, and I think many new users will be attracted because of
it."

And Marc's previous quote:
"The addition of schema offers exciting opportunities to exploit the real
database architecture potential of PostgreSQL in ways that no-one has
imagined possible for databases in the past!" Marc G. Fournier

Of them all, I really like Joe's the best ... it encapsulates the most stuff,
and would be about prefect if we cut the last line. If we want to use it, who
should we attribute it to?  Volunteers?

--
-Josh Berkus
 Aglio Database Solutions