pgsql-server/ oc/src/sgml/plpgsql.sgml oc/src/ ... - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From momjian@postgresql.org (Bruce Momjian - CVS)
Subject pgsql-server/ oc/src/sgml/plpgsql.sgml oc/src/ ...
Date
List pgsql-committers
CVSROOT:    /cvsroot
Module name:    pgsql-server
Changes by:    momjian@postgresql.org    02/11/22 22:59:09

Modified files:
    doc/src/sgml   : plpgsql.sgml release.sgml trigger.sgml
    doc/src/sgml/ref: alter_trigger.sgml create_trigger.sgml
    src/backend/access/transam: xact.c
    src/backend/commands: copy.c tablecmds.c trigger.c
    src/backend/executor: execMain.c
    src/backend/nodes: copyfuncs.c equalfuncs.c
    src/backend/parser: gram.y
    src/backend/utils/adt: pg_lzcompress.c
    src/bin/pg_dump: pg_backup_archiver.c pg_dump.c
    src/include/commands: trigger.h
    src/include/nodes: parsenodes.h
    src/include/utils: pg_lzcompress.h rel.h
    src/interfaces/python: pgdb.py
    src/pl/plpgsql/src: pl_exec.c
    src/test/regress/expected: triggers.out
    src/test/regress/sql: triggers.sql

Log message:
    This patch implements FOR EACH STATEMENT triggers, per my email to
    -hackers a couple days ago.

    Notes/caveats:

    - added regression tests for the new functionality, all
    regression tests pass on my machine

    - added pg_dump support

    - updated PL/PgSQL to support per-statement triggers; didn't
    look at the other procedural languages.

    - there's (even) more code duplication in trigger.c than there
    was previously. Any suggestions on how to refactor the
    ExecXXXTriggers() functions to reuse more code would be
    welcome -- I took a brief look at it, but couldn't see an
    easy way to do it (there are several subtly-different
    versions of the code in question)

    - updated the documentation. I also took the liberty of
    removing a big chunk of duplicated syntax documentation in
    the Programmer's Guide on triggers, and moving that
    information to the CREATE TRIGGER reference page.

    - I also included some spelling fixes and similar small
    cleanups I noticed while making the changes. If you'd like
    me to split those into a separate patch, let me know.

    Neil Conway