Re: Grant question.. - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Francisco J Reyes
Subject Re: Grant question..
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wed, 20 Nov 2002, Williams, Travis L, NPONS wrote:

> During the Design and Test Phase of some of my tables's we are droping tables and recreating them quit often.. I have
tocontinually regrant privileges to different users.. is there a way to give someone general permissions that they will
havegrant all to every DB that is created by default.. maybe by setting some kind of grant on a template or something?
> Thanks for the help..

Create groups, add users as needed to appropriate groups.
After you rebuild a table just grant .. to group $$$.

An example from one of my *.sql files:
revoke all on <table> from public;
grant select on <table> to group <group>;