REPOST: inserting default values - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Felipe Schnack
Subject REPOST: inserting default values
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
  Someone wrote to pgsql general list telling that you could insert the
default value of a column using DEFAULT keyword on pgsql 7.3. Like
  INSERT INTO TEST (varcharfield1, varcharfield2) VALUES ('text', DEFAULT)
  In this case, the "varcharfield2" column would get its default value (as
defined in CREATE TABLE). I was wondering, how I would do it using
PreparedStatements? We should have something like an "setDefault(int)" method
or something? I guess we could do it on JdbcAbstractResultSet, as we do with
SetServerSidePrepare... Just thinking.

Felipe Schnack
Analista de Sistemas
felipes@ritterdosreis.br