core dump in psql (Is it a bug?) - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Ludwig Lim
Subject core dump in psql (Is it a bug?)
Date
List pgsql-novice
Hi:

  The following commands generate a core dump in psql.

loyalty# BEGIN;
loyalty# UPDATE sc_add_points
loyalty# SET transtime = trunc(transtime/100);
loyalty# Function 'trunc(int4)' does not exist
         -- (followed by some other messages)--

         -- After this I accidentally typed the
         -- following instead of doing a "ROLLBACK"

loyalty# \df trunc
NOTICE : current transaction aborted.....
Floating point exception (core dumped)

Some other info
version :  PostgreSQL 7.2.2 on i686-pc-linux-gnu,
compiled by GCC 2.96
OS :       RedHat Linux 7.1

Thank you in advance,
ludwig lim

PS : I don't know where to post this question since
i'm not yet sure if it is a bug. On what appropriate
list should I post messages such as this one.