Help with NPE - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From M. A. Sridhar
Subject Help with NPE
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
Hello folks,

I'm getting this NullPointerException from within the PostgreSQL JDBC driver,
and I'm not sure what to make of it:

java.lang.NullPointerException
    at org.postgresql.core.QueryExecutor.execute(QueryExecutor.java:62)
    at
org.postgresql.jdbc1.AbstractJdbc1Connection.ExecSQL(AbstractJdbc1Connection.java:497)
    at
org.postgresql.jdbc1.AbstractJdbc1Statement.execute(AbstractJdbc1Statement.java:320)
    at
org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.execute(AbstractJdbc2Statement.java:48)
    at
org.postgresql.jdbc1.AbstractJdbc1Statement.executeQuery(AbstractJdbc1Statement.java:153)
    at
zerocode.udm.PreparedStmtWithSql.executeQuery(PreparedStmtWithSql.java:175)
    at zerocode.udm.DbObjectStore._retrieveWithOptSql(DbObjectStore.java:1562)

This seems to happen not immediately at application startup, but some time
thereafter. When I first connect to the database, everything is fine, but
after I leave the app idle for a while and use it again, it crashes. This
could well be because there is something in my code base that keeps an open
connection around for a while, but I was hoping for a more informative
message if that were the case (such as "connection expired") instead of an
NPE.

I would greatly appreciate any help on this one.

Thanks.

=====
------
M. A. Sridhar