Re: Transaction including two web page + timer - Mailing list pgsql-php

From Bruno Wolff III
Subject Re: Transaction including two web page + timer
Date
List pgsql-php
On Sat, Nov 09, 2002 at 00:04:26 -0700,
  Zhidian Du <duzhidian@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I have a question of, when users input some contents in the second page,
> then the contents in first and second pages are inserted into tables;
> Otherwise, rollback.
>
> I want to use transction to handle it.
>
> But when users input the contents in first page, how do I know users have
> left( My program will roolback ) or want to continue input sone contents in
> the second page (comit)?  Usig timer, for example? or some other better
> idea.

My suggestion would be not to start entering either page until the application
has all of the data for both pages. Holding transactions open for long
periods of time is not a good idea.