Re: RC1 on Friday? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Marc G. Fournier
Subject Re: RC1 on Friday?
Date
Re: RC1 on Friday?  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, 8 Nov 2002, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> > On Fri, 8 Nov 2002, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> >
> > > The urgency is that we should focus on getting to RC1.  The issue is
> > > that we don't have anything to focus on, so why delay?
> >
> > well, right now, we are waiting for an updated 'supported platforms' list
> > due to having to put out beta5 :(
>
> The changes since our platform reports are _not_ platform-specific, so I
> don't think we need to run through all platforms again.  Even so, it is
> good to wait until Monday to see if anything pops out.

So, you are saying that the changes that tom made that required an initdb
of those testing will not impact, in any way, how postgresql operates on
any of those platforms that have been reported on already?

tom, do you have as much confidence in your changes as bruce?  if so, why
didn't we just go to RC1, instead of a beta?