Time difference without intervals - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Roberto Mello
Subject Time difference without intervals
Date
Re: Time difference without intervals  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-sql
I saw this question on another PG mailing list, and I don't know how to
answer. I've tried casting the interval to a timestamp, but that doesn't
seem to be supported in 7.2. Does anyone have an answer?

Is there any way to make a timestamp difference operation not return an
interval? I'd like to get hours, minutes and seconds only, not the "1 day"
or whatnot.

lbn-dev=# select now() - '2002-11-07 7:42'::timestamp;      ?column?
-----------------------1 day 02:01:57.987838
(1 row)

Thanks,

-Roberto

--
+----|        Roberto Mello   -    http://www.brasileiro.net/  |------+
+       Computer Science Graduate Student, Utah State University      +