pgsql-server/src backend/utils/adt/arrayfuncs. ... - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From momjian@postgresql.org (Bruce Momjian - CVS)
Subject pgsql-server/src backend/utils/adt/arrayfuncs. ...
Date
List pgsql-committers
CVSROOT:    /cvsroot
Module name:    pgsql-server
Changes by:    momjian@postgresql.org    02/11/08 12:27:03

Modified files:
    src/backend/utils/adt: arrayfuncs.c
    src/include/catalog: catversion.h pg_proc.h
    src/include/utils: array.h

Log message:
    The "Allow easy display of usernames in a group (pg_hba.conf uses groups
    now)" item on the open items, and subsequent plpgsql function I sent in,
    made me realize it was too hard to get the upper and lower bound of an
    array. The attached creates two functions that I think will be very
    useful when combined with the ability of plpgsql to return sets.

    array_lower(array, dim_num)
    - and -
    array_upper(array, dim_num)

    They return the value (as an int) of the upper and lower bound of the
    requested dim in the provided array.

    Joe Conway