Re: - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Karl Goldstein
Subject Re:
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
Thanks for clarifying that, Dave.  In the absence of useful error codes from the backend, would it
be possible to simply add an "exceptionThrown" flag in an appropriate place, which gets set when a
SQLException is thrown in a transaction?  Then, if the client code attempts to execute any further
statements in that transaction, the driver could check the flag and give a clear exception to the
effect of "Sorry, an exception already occurred in this transaction, you have to rollback before
you can do anything else reliably with this connection."

Regards,

Karl