Re: owner of type 'mmm' apperars to be invalid - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Richard Huxton
Subject Re: owner of type 'mmm' apperars to be invalid
Date
List pgsql-sql
On Tuesday 05 Nov 2002 1:03 pm, cristi wrote:
> It shouldn't be this the solution of the problem?
>
> salt=# delete from pg_type where typname='refcursor';
> DELETE 1
> salt=# delete from pg_type where typname='eee';
> DELETE 1
> salt=# delete from pg_type where typname='mmm';
> DELETE 1
>
> Now, I don't have the error message!
>
> Mr.Richard Huxton, thank you very much!

But - you have deleted the "refcursor" type which is not a good idea! If you
don't use cursors you might get away with it, but I'd be nervous about it.

If you create a new database does it contain the refcursor type? If so, drop
and recreate the database, restoring the data to it. If not, I think you'll
need to restore the template1 db - there's an article on
techdocs.postgresql.org about this (byJosh IIRC).
--  Richard Huxton