Re: Bug #805: pg_dump examines all tables even with -t "table_name" speficied - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Vitaliy Fuks
Subject Re: Bug #805: pg_dump examines all tables even with -t "table_name" speficied
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Hello,

Could there potentially be an option in addition to -t "table_name", to
either:

a) Examine all relationships and dump all dependant objects
b) Dump only table named "table_name"

One can argue that when asking for "a" table one really only wants that
table information, and nothing else.  Some people of course can argue
that just a table by itself may not be usable by itself in some
situations - so that's why the option described above could cater both
situations.

I wish I could just give you a patch but there are probably people who
know pg_dump internals who could produce such patch in 10x less amount
of time.

--Vitaliy