Re: SAPDB was DRAFT: v7.3 Release Announcement - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Derek Barrett
Subject Re: SAPDB was DRAFT: v7.3 Release Announcement
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
>SAP is well-known; SAP DB is not.

Yeah, I understand that, but, there is always a certain crowd that comes
with, "well if it's free, it must not be any good."

And then you can respond with how SAP even has a free database,
but that your database is much better, etc.

Take Linux for instance, that went from a hobbyist
OS to an enterprise level platform when IBM and Oracle
started backing it -- I don't know how good Oracle's
"Unbreakable Linux Cluster" is but the PR alone for
Red Hat is priceless, and that Unbreakable Cluster
has an amazing brand value.