Re: DRAFT: v7.3 Release Announcement - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Andrew Sullivan
Subject Re: DRAFT: v7.3 Release Announcement
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Sun, Oct 27, 2002 at 04:03:47PM -0500, Geoff Davidson wrote:

> scalability, complexity, usability, international installed base,

Again, I can say that, from our experience in the .org bid, installed
base really sways a lot of people.  Never mind the relevance of such
a consideration to whether it is the right tool for the job.  Many
arguments in favour of not picking the ISOC/PIR bid relied on the
premise, "Everyone uses Oracle, so it must be the right thing to
use."  And Gartner was clear that the big liability they thought
PostgreSQL represented was that it was untried, even though we've
been using it for a year in the very same application.

----
                                         +1 416 646 3304 x110