Re: PREPARE / EXECUTE - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Karel Zak
Subject Re: PREPARE / EXECUTE
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Oct 23, 2002 at 11:02:14AM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> Hans-Jürgen Schönig <postgres@cybertec.at> writes:
> > I wonder if there is a way to store a parsed/rewritten/planned query in
> > a table so that it can be loaded again.
>
> The original version of the PREPARE patch used a shared-across-backends
> cache for PREPAREd statements.  We rejected that for a number of
> reasons, one being the increased difficulty of keeping such a cache up
> to date.  I think actually storing the plans on disk would have all the
> same problems, but worse.
Right.
There's solution: persisten backend (for example like classicapache). This solve problem with lifetime of all
persistentcaches.It's already in TODO.

   Karel

-- Karel Zak  <zakkr@zf.jcu.cz>http://home.zf.jcu.cz/~zakkr/C, PostgreSQL, PHP, WWW, http://docs.linux.cz,
http://mape.jcu.cz