Re: Delete/Replace Bug in Functions? - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: Delete/Replace Bug in Functions?
Date
List pgsql-sql
Tom,

> >         INSERT INTO order_spec ( job_type, order_usq, no_needed, start_time,
> > end_time, pay_rate, bill_rate )
> >         VALUES ( current_type, new_usq, numbers[spec_loop], sttimes[spec_loop],
> > endtimes[spec_loop],
> >             pays[spec_loop], bills[spec_loop] );
>
> Um, might v_usq be different from new_usq?

No, actually; there's a declaration earlier that assigns them the same value
for existing records.   Plus "new_usq" is the link to the orders record, so
if they were different I wouldn't ever see the extra records.

I just tried to set up a test case for this issue, based on much simpler
schema.   Unfortunately, the bug is not reproduceable in this simple case.
Any suggestions on how to reproduce it without dumping you an enitre copy of
my *confidential* database design?

--
-Josh Berkus

______AGLIO DATABASE SOLUTIONS___________________________                                       Josh Berkus  Complete
informationtechnology     josh@agliodbs.com   and data management solutions     (415) 565-7293  for law firms, small
businesses     fax 621-2533   and non-profit organizations.     San Francisco