Re: Select table from other database - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Roberto Mello
Subject Re: Select table from other database
Date
List pgsql-sql
On Mon, Oct 21, 2002 at 11:54:53AM +0100, Tiago Moitinho wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to know if this is possible:
>
> I have a database A, with a table X.
> Is it possible, being logged in another database (B, for instance), to make
> queries using table X from database A?
> (something like "SELECT * FROM A.X ...")

See the dblink module in the PostgreSQL contrib tree (available via ftp.
packages available).

-Roberto

--
+----|        Roberto Mello   -    http://www.brasileiro.net/  |------+
+       Computer Science Graduate Student, Utah State University      +