Re: Can I search for an array in csf? - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Richard Huxton
Subject Re: Can I search for an array in csf?
Date
List pgsql-sql
On Friday 18 Oct 2002 1:58 pm, Vernon Wu wrote:
> One field of a table stores an array of characters in a string fromat as
> "a,b,c,d". Is anyway to apply a select statement without using stored
> procedure?
>
> Thanks for your input.

Not really,  and I can't think any way of accessing an index on this either.
Are you sure you wanted the characters stored this way? Even if the overhead
of a separate table isn't woth it, you might want to look into arrays and the
intarray stuff in contrib/

--  Richard Huxton