Locking that will delayed a SELECT - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Ludwig Lim
Subject Locking that will delayed a SELECT
Date
List pgsql-sql
Hi:
  Suppose I have a transaction (T1) which executes a
complicated stored procedure. While T1 is executing,
trasaction #2 (T2)  begins to execute.
   T1 take more time to execute that T2 in such a way
that T2 finished earlier than T1. The result is that
t2 returns set of data before it can be modified by
T1.
  Given the above scenario. Is there a way such that
while T2 will only read that value updated by T1 (i.e.
T2 must wait until T1 is finished) ? What locks should
I used since a portion of T1 contains SELECT
statements? Should I used the "SERIALIZABLE
isolation".
  Thank you in advance.

ludwig.