Re: MySQL vs PostgreSQL. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: MySQL vs PostgreSQL.
Date
Re: MySQL vs PostgreSQL.  (Hannu Krosing <hannu@tm.ee>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Oct 11, 2002 at 07:08:18PM -0700, Jeff Davis wrote:

> And it really is a minor matter of convenience. I end up dropping and
> recreating all my tables a lot in the early stages of development, which is
> mildly annoying. Certainly not as bad, I suppose, as if you're led to believe
> that a feature does something safely, and it kills all your data.

Now that ALTER TABLE DROP COLUMN is implemented, there probably isn't
any more the need to do such frequent drop/create of tables.

And things just keep getting better and better.  This is really amazing.

"We are who we choose to be", sang the goldfinch
when the sun is high (Sandman)