Re: Taking advantage of prepared statement performance - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Brett
Subject Re: Taking advantage of prepared statement performance
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
Correction... version is 7.3b2

--- On Thu 10/10, Brett < brettonator@excite.com > wrote:

From: Brett [mailto: brettonator@excite.com]
To: pgsql-jdbc@postgresql.org
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 13:30:00 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: [JDBC] Taking advantage of prepared statement performance

I have a web application that invokes java jdbc code for each request. Would
it be faster if I stored all my prepared statements for each connection, so
when I want to do a query I a) pull a connection object from the pool then
b) call ps.setX; ps.setY;...; ps.executeQuery(); and not close the prepared
statement? That way, another thread could grab the connection and not
have to recreate the prepared statement. I would associate sets of
prepared statements with connections. Would this be faster than
creating a prepared statement for each web request?

I am using 7.1.3b2 (for production *crosses fingers*) in case that matters.

Once again thanks for any help and sorry for any formatting issues with
this message.

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com