pgsql-server/ oc/FAQ_AIX rc/Makefile.shlib rc/ ... - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From momjian@postgresql.org (Bruce Momjian - CVS)
Subject pgsql-server/ oc/FAQ_AIX rc/Makefile.shlib rc/ ...
Date
List pgsql-committers
CVSROOT:    /cvsroot
Module name:    pgsql-server
Changes by:    momjian@postgresql.org    02/10/09 12:21:54

Modified files:
    doc            : FAQ_AIX
    src            : Makefile.shlib
    src/backend    : Makefile
    src/backend/port/aix: mkldexport.sh
    src/makefiles  : Makefile.aix

Log message:

    > > shared libs on AIX need to be able to resolve all symbols at linkage time.
    > > Those two symbols are in backend/utils/SUBSYS.o but not in the postgres
    > > executable.
    >
    > They are defined in backend/utils/mb/conv.c and declared in
    > include/mb/pg_wchar.h.  They're also linked into the
    > postmaster.  I don't see anything unusual.

    Attached is a patch to fix the mb linking problems on AIX. As a nice side effect

    it reduces the duplicate symbol warnings to linking libpq.so and libecpg.so
    (all shlibs that are not postmaster loadable modules).

    Please apply to current (only affects AIX).

    The _LARGE_FILES problem is unfortunately still open, unless Peter
    has fixed it per his recent idea.

    Zeugswetter Andreas SB SD