Re: Boolean output format - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Martijn van Oosterhout
Subject Re: Boolean output format
Date
List pgsql-general
On Sat, Oct 05, 2002 at 08:54:11PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> Garo Hussenjian <garo@xapnet.com> writes:
> > Also, is it really the case that the adapters (JDBC, DBI, others) actually
> > process database output?
>
> Well, maybe they don't.  If they don't then the compatibility issue
> largely goes away, I think.

They do. DBI at least converts t/f into 1/0 which confused the hell out of
me the first time I saw it. I was using eq "t" and eq "f" in my if
statements, and the response was matching neither.

It also returns undef for fields with NULL where Pg returned "".