Re: multi-column btree index for real values - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Martin Weinberg
Subject Re: multi-column btree index for real values
Date
Re: multi-column btree index for real values  (Oleg Bartunov <oleg@sai.msu.su>)
List pgsql-general
Thanks Bruce.  Some simple tests on a 10 million tuple data base shows
that r-tree works well for this. (It took me a while to realize
that I had to sort boxes of zero area rather than points).

However, it seems that the rtree index has a serious memory leak for
7.2.2.  Is that known?

--Martin

Bruce Momjian wrote on Sat, 05 Oct 2002 14:30:47 EDT