Re: Boolean output format - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jeff Davis
Subject Re: Boolean output format
Date
List pgsql-general
Well, that's what my disclaimer was for :)

I thought I remembered some rather long discussions about various SETable
variables. I also noticed that the current list of SETable variables is
small. So I kind of put the two together and concluded that the gain from
adding a booleanstyle variable might not be enough to add the extra option.

I don't have any particular argument against the idea, but it kind of worries
me that we'd be headed in the direction of the date/time types. Those seem
complex, and I'd hate to think of boolean as that complex.

Regards,
    Jeff Davis