Re: pg_restore authentication failure - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Patrick Welche
Subject Re: pg_restore authentication failure
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wed, Oct 02, 2002 at 04:35:28PM +0200, Zeno Davatz wrote:
> Hi List
>
> I done a pg_dumpall and now would like to load the data back into my new
> database. I am doing:
>
> psql -e nachahmer < /home/ywesee/pgsql/pgsqldump.sql
>
> And get:
> ERROR:  Language plpgsql already exists
> \connect: FATAL 1:  IDENT authentication failed for user "nachahmer"
>
>  at the end of the message. Do you have any idea what could be wrong?
>
> My pg_hba.conf is:
> local      all                                          trust
> host       all         127.0.0.1     255.255.255.255    trust

I think there is a new USER column in pg_hba.conf.
cf src/backend/libpq/pg_hba.conf.sample

# TYPE  DATABASE    USER        IP-ADDRESS        IP-MASK           METHOD
local   all         all                                             trust
host    all         all         127.0.0.1         255.255.255.255   trust

Cheers,

Patrick