Re: pg_dump & restore question regarding creating with seri al - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: pg_dump & restore question regarding creating with seri al
Date
List pgsql-novice
Pam,

> my original pg_dump has records with the id from 1 to 644714794.
> my "replica" database started at 4064868  (where did that number come from?

I'm not sure either.   Questions:

1. Are you dumping just the database schema, or the schema and the data?

2. How were records inserted into the table originally?  That is, is it
possible that many/all of the records were inserted without using the
sequence as their id, but getting their ID numbers from some external source?

--
-Josh Berkus
 Aglio Database Solutions