Re: Rows ordered - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Rows ordered
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thu, Oct 03, 2002 at 05:34:29AM -0700, Camila Rocha wrote:

> I have another problem: I want to keep the rows in a table ordered. Is
> there some structure in postgresql that can help me??

You should be using ORDER BY in your SELECT's if you want any ordering.

That said, the CLUSTER command can be used to order the rows physically
within the table following some index.  Read its documentation before
using it, it can be dangerous to your schema!!

"La victoria es para quien se atreve a estar solo"