Re: execute transaction / insert rows - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andrew Sullivan
Subject Re: execute transaction / insert rows
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tue, Oct 01, 2002 at 02:46:54PM -0400, Johnson, Shaunn wrote:
> [pseudo code]
>
> begin
>     update table
>     set col = new
>     from old_table
>     where new = better
> set transaction = 1000 records (* no clue on this part! *)
> commit 1000;
> end
>
> [/code]
>
> --any suggestions?

Yes, but only the one I already made: use some kind of external
interface.  You can't do this directly in SQL in any reasonably-easy
way I can think of.  The problem is more or less that SQL is not
intended to be used for the sort of process control you're thinking
of.

----
                                         +1 416 646 3304 x110