Re: PL/pgsql - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Ian Barwick
Subject Re: PL/pgsql
Date
List pgsql-sql
On Wednesday 25 September 2002 21:38, Gustavo Tadao Okida wrote:
(...)
> After this, I wrote a function with
> pgaccess :
>
> Name: spi_novo_parametro         paramters:
> returns: char                                   language: plpgsql
>
> DECLARE
>     val INTEGER :=1;
> BEGIN
>     insert into identificador_pri values(1, "OK");
>     RETURN "OK";
> END;
>
> It was OK when I saved it in pgaccess front end.
>
> When I tested it, by query tab, writing select spi_novo_parametro();, it
> return me this message:
>
> Error: can't read
> "PgAcVar(mw,.pgaw:22,nrecs)": no such element in array

(...)

I don't know PgAccess, but possibly your function is incorrect
and the errors produced on execution are confusing PgAccess?
Try defining and executing the function in the psql command line client.
This may give you a better idea of what is happening.

I would also strongly recommend replacing the double quotes
with pairs of single quotes, e.g. ''OK'' instead of "OK" .

Ian Barwick
barwick@gmx.net