Re: Quick Pg/PLSQL question - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Martijn van Oosterhout
Subject Re: Quick Pg/PLSQL question
Date
List pgsql-general
On Fri, Sep 27, 2002 at 10:28:57PM -0500, Matt Wagner wrote:
>     INSERT INTO transaction_summary VALUES (61, 1, "now", 0, 0, 0, 0);

> Very simple function, but I continue to receive errors, because of the "now"
> part.  However, in the Programmer's Manual, it specifically uses "now" with
> double quotes in a couple examples.  When executing the function, I continue
> receiving the following errors:

Simple error. The manual uses two quote's, not double quotes (ie, '' vs ")
which probably look the same in many fonts.

Two quotes counts as an escaped quote whereas a double quote make postgresql
think it's an identifier, which doesn't work.

Hope tihs helps,