Re: Relation 0 does not exist - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Patrick Welche
Subject Re: Relation 0 does not exist
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wed, Sep 25, 2002 at 05:49:17PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> Patrick Welche <prlw1@newn.cam.ac.uk> writes:
> > One thing which bugs me: I have a currval in there, and that is the very
> > first query which reaches the database, so it won't be "set", will it, but
> > then, how could it have worked for months with the other version of server?
>
> Good question.  Do you have any ON INSERT rules on that table?

Curious: if I get the program to print what it thinks it is sending the
database, it does:

SELECT id FROM meter WHERE meterstart = '08:52:11 Mon 22 Jul 2002'
INSERT INTO stats (timeslice,timesliced,timeslicet,aps,...
SELECT MAX(fromoctets),MAX(tooctets) FROM stats,trans WHERE...
INSERT INTO trans (meter_id,stats_id,flowindex,firsttime,firsttimed,firsttimet,f

so, there currval should be OK. I was running postmaster -d4, yet the only
query I saw was the last LOG one. I pretty sure that I would see all queries
with -d3 before..
(Now postmaster won't shutdown pg_ctl: postmaster does not shut down)

Cheers,

Patrick