Re: [GENERAL] CURRENT_TIMESTAMP - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: [GENERAL] CURRENT_TIMESTAMP
Date
List pgsql-sql
John Hasler wrote:
> Bruce Momjian writes:
> > My point is that our current behavior may not be the most intuitive, and
> > that most people may prefer a change.
>
> I would prefer a change.

Yes, I guess that is my point, that we want to make transaction _and_
statement timestamp values available, but most people are going to use
current_timestamp, and most people are going to assume it is statement
time, not transaction time.

Can I add TODO items for this:
o Make CURRENT_TIMESTAMP/now() return statement start timeo Add TRANSACTION_TIMESTAMP to return transaction start time

Pennsylvania19073