pgsql-server/src/backend commands/trigger.c ex ... - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From tgl@postgresql.org (Tom Lane)
Subject pgsql-server/src/backend commands/trigger.c ex ...
Date
List pgsql-committers
CVSROOT:    /cvsroot
Module name:    pgsql-server
Changes by:    tgl@postgresql.org    02/09/23 18:57:44

Modified files:
    src/backend/commands: trigger.c
    src/backend/executor: execMain.c

Log message:
    Further thinking about heap_mark4update: in HeapTupleSelfUpdated case,
    executor should not return the tuple as successfully marked, because in
    fact it's been deleted.  Not clear that this case has ever been seen
    in practice (I think you'd have to write a SELECT FOR UPDATE that calls
    a function that deletes some row the SELECT will visit later...) but we
    should be consistent.  Also add comments to several other places that
    got it right but didn't explain what they were doing.