Re: pgsql-server/doc/src/sgml programmer.sgml - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: pgsql-server/doc/src/sgml programmer.sgml
Date
List pgsql-committers
Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Bruce Momjian writes:
>
> > >     Remove pgeasy and odbc.
> >
> > Did you put them in their gborg projects?
>
> No, I just removed them from the table of contents.

Oh, I see now, they are still in CVS. I don't have to restore them to
see them again.  Thanks.  Moving the actual files is on the open items
list.

                               P O S T G R E S Q L

                          7 . 3  O P E N    I T E M S

Current at ftp://candle.pha.pa.us/pub/postgresql/open_items.

Source Code Changes
-------------------
Schema handling - ready? interfaces? client apps?
Drop column handling - ready for all clients, apps?
Fix BeOS, QNX4 ports
Fix AIX large file compile failure of 2002-09-11 (Andreas)
Get bison upgrade on postgresql.org for ecpg only (Marc)
Allow ecpg to properly handle PREPARE/EXECUTE (Michael)
Fix vacuum btree bug (Tom)
Fix client apps for autocommit = off
Fix clusterdb to be schema-aware
Change log_min_error_statement to be off by default (Gavin)
Fix return tuple counts/oid/tag for rules
    fix up function return types on lang/type/trigger creation or
      loosen opaque restrictions
    functions no longer public executable
    languages no longer public usable
Add schema dump option to pg_dump
Add casts: (Tom)
    assignment-level cast specification
    inet -> text
    macaddr -> text
    int4 -> varchar?
    int8 -> varchar?
    add param for length check for char()/varchar()
Create script to make proper dependencies for SERIAL and foreign keys (Rod)
Fix $libdir in loaded functions?
Fix SIMILAR TO to be ANSI compliant or remove it? (Peter, Tom)
Make SET not start a transaction with autocommit off, document it

On Going
--------
Security audit

Documentation Changes
Document need to add permissions to loaded functions and languages
Move documation to gborg for moved projects