Re: Memory Errors... - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Karel Zak
Subject Re: Memory Errors...
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thu, Sep 19, 2002 at 07:10:50AM -0700, Ian Harding wrote:
> Can someone tell me what these mean?  They happen when running big ugly pgtcl functions that delete, insert and
updatelots of stuff in the database.

> ERROR:  Memory exhausted in AllocSetContextCreate(8192)
> ERROR:  Memory exhausted in AllocSetAlloc(88)
> ERROR:  Memory exhausted in AllocSetAlloc(60)

 This means libc call malloc() returns NULL instead allocated memory.

 I think some PostgreSQL memory setting limits have not effect for this,
 because it's standard memory and not shared or so.

 You need more RAM or less expensive SQL questions :-)

     Karel

--
 Karel Zak  <zakkr@zf.jcu.cz>
 http://home.zf.jcu.cz/~zakkr/