Re: Stripping white-space in SELECT statments - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Stephan Szabo
Subject Re: Stripping white-space in SELECT statments
Date
List pgsql-sql
On Thu, 19 Sep 2002, [iso-8859-1] Thorbj�rn Eriksson wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I've encountered a strange behavior in postgres 7.2.1 regarding how psql
> handles strings ending with space characters.

What locale did you initdb with?  Some locales on some systems have
behavior like that.  To test, you could try the unix sort command
on data like:
201901  Z
201901-D
201901 D
in the same locale and see what order you get (specifically where
does that first line go - on my machine it goes to the end unless
I explicitly choose a locale like "C")