Re: SET autocommit begins transaction? - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Sean Chittenden
Subject Re: SET autocommit begins transaction?
Date
List pgsql-bugs
> Yes, with the BEGIN, it will roll back.  With autocommit off, this:
>

> > >     set statement_timeout = 20;
> > >     query_with_error;
> > >     set statement_timeout = 0;
> > >     COMMIT;
>
> will not roll back to 0.  It will be 20.

But that's the correct/expected behavior, is it not?  That's what I'd
expect at least.  I'd think it's a gotcha for those that aren't good
about explicitly calling BEGIN, but most libraries should do that for
you, ruby-dbi does and used to be overly zealous about that actually
(I just fixed that last night as a matter of fact).  -sc

--
Sean Chittenden