Re: Proposal for resolving casting issues - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: Proposal for resolving casting issues
Date
Re: BLOB  (Manuel Cabido <manny@tinago.msuiit.edu.ph>)
List pgsql-hackers
Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Bruce Momjian writes:
>
> > > Or possibly it should be AS IMPLICIT?
> >
> > I think AS IMPLICIT would be better because we have other AS [var]
> > clauses.
>
> But IMPLICIT is not a variable.

I meant we have cases where we do AS [ keyword1 | keyword2 ].
           CREATE OPERATOR CLASS any_name opt_default FOR TYPE_P Typename           USING access_method AS
opclass_item_list

What I am saying is that is better to do AS [ keyword | keyword ] rather
than [ AS keyword | keyword ].

Pennsylvania19073