RPMS for 7.3 beta. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Lamar Owen
Subject RPMS for 7.3 beta.
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Having not seen anyone asking about the progress on the 7.3beta RPMset, I
thought I would give a statement as to where things stand.

I am waiting the result of the pg_dump from 7.2.x to 7.3 restore discussion.
The structure of the entire packaging depends upon knowing how the upgrade
will be performed, since the rest of the packaging is just getting a good
build, and excising the gborged clients, which will then have to have their
own RPMs built.  But I'll get the core built first, then I'll work on the
clients.

I have a basic build running, but it's not releasable.  I haven't had time to
go through it with the properly fine-toothed comb that I want to as yet.  I
would expect to be able to release an RPMset for beta 2 if that is a week or
two off.

I'll try to keep everyone who cares updated periodically.
--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio