Re: pgsql-server/. configure configure.in - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: pgsql-server/. configure configure.in
Date
List pgsql-committers
Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Bruce Momjian writes:
>
> > > That is not the point.  You are presuming that JAVA_HOME being set is a
> > > prerequisite for Ant to work, which is not the case.
> >
> > I am not. I am presuming if JAVA_HOME _isn't_ defined, ant will not
> > work.
>
> I believe that says the same thing, but it's still a faulty assumption.
> Depending on which system and distribution you use, Ant runs fine without
> JAVA_HOME being set.

Actually, it is not the same because it still goes on to test to see if
ant works.  It does not assume ant works just because JAVA_HOME is
defined.  In fact, ant requires version 1.5 so we have even anther test
in there before will consider Ant working.

I didn't know ant can work without JAVA_HOME defined.  Let me see if I
can fiddle with the test so it throws out the Ant output on a failure
rather than testing for JAVA_HOME.