Re: Psql regex is NFA or DFA? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Karel Zak
Subject Re: Psql regex is NFA or DFA?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tue, Sep 10, 2002 at 02:16:51AM -0500, Josh Jore wrote:
> So I've finished reading Jeffery Friedl's _Mastering Regular Expressions_
> and while I don't need regex in PostgreSQL I know I'll do it for something
> - eventually. The book makes a distinction between DFA, POSIX NFA and
> Traditional NFA and then ascribes some properties and behaviours to each.
> So what sort does PostgreSQL have?

 Regex in PostgreSQL code:

    Copyright (c) 1992, 1993, 1994 Henry Spencer.
    Copyright (c) 1992, 1993, 1994
    The Regents of the University of California.  All rights reserved.

 I think it's:

    POSIX 1003.2, section 2.8 (Regular Expression Notation)

--
 Karel Zak  <zakkr@zf.jcu.cz>
 http://home.zf.jcu.cz/~zakkr/

 C, PostgreSQL, PHP, WWW, http://docs.linux.cz, http://mape.jcu.cz