Re: describe table query? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From snpe
Subject Re: describe table query?
Date
List pgsql-general
Hello,
    This is example.You see JDBC specification on sun.java.com
regards
import java.io.*;
import java.sql.*;
import java.text.*;

public class poruka
{
    Connection db;

    public poruka(String driver,String url,String user,String passwd) throws
ClassNotFoundException, FileNotFoundException, IOException, SQLException
    {
        Class.forName(driver);
        db = DriverManager.getConnection(url,user,passwd);
        DatabaseMetaData dbmd = db.getMetaData();

        ResultSet rs=dbmd.getTables(null,null,null,new String[] {"TABLE"});
        while (rs.next()) {
            String ime=rs.getString(1);
            System.out.print("1 " + ime + "  ");
            ime=rs.getString(2);
            System.out.print("2 " + ime + "  ");
            ime=rs.getString(3);
            System.out.print("3 " + ime + "  ");
            ime=rs.getString(4);
            System.out.print("4 " + ime + "  ");
            ime=rs.getString(5);
            System.out.print("5 " + ime + "  ");
            System.out.println();
        }

        db.close();
    }

    public static void main(String args[])
    {
        System.out.println("JDBC test \n");

        try
        {
            poruka test = new poruka(args[0],args[1],args[2],args[3]);
        }
        catch (Exception ex)
        {
            System.err.println("Exception caught.\n" + ex);
            ex.printStackTrace();
        }
    }
}