Re: AutoCommit mode in PostgreSQL (7.3 beta1 from CVS 05.09.2002) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From snpe
Subject Re: AutoCommit mode in PostgreSQL (7.3 beta1 from CVS 05.09.2002)
Date
List pgsql-general
On Monday 09 September 2002 07:18 pm, Tom Lane wrote:
> > snpe wrote:
> >> This is fine, but if I don't call commit and exit from plsql, PostgreSQL
> >> do rollback.Can I change this behavior.
> >
> > I assume this is 7.3beta.  What does the SQL standard say about exit
> > from a sesion without commit?  There is currently no way to change that
> > behavior.
>
> I don't think there should be.  Autocommit on exit is sheer folly: what
> if it's an accidental disconnect?  (network fails, you type \q when you
> meant \w, or whatever.)  You might as well have autocommit on as run
> an "autocommit off" session that will commit when you did not explicitly
> tell it to.

Oracle work like next :
If program quit correct (with ctrl-d or exit) Oracle do commit.
If program lost (power lost, network problem, kill program etc) Oracle do
rollback.If postgresql do rollback that is fine, but autocommit have another
problem (my another post)

regards
haris peco