PREPARE code notes - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Karel Zak
Subject PREPARE code notes
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Probably nothing important, but I saw it insrc/backend/commands/prepare.c:
1/ ExecuteQuery() (line 110). Why is needful use copyObject()? The   PostgreSQL executor modify query planns? I think
copyObject()is   expensive call.

2/ Lines 236 -- 245. Why do you "check for pre-existing entry of   same name" if you create hash table? I think better
isuse "else"   for this block of code and check it only if hash table already   exist.3/ Last is cosmetic: see line
404,what happen if memory context   is not valid? :-) (maybe use some elog() call)

 Thanks       Karel

-- Karel Zak  <zakkr@zf.jcu.cz>http://home.zf.jcu.cz/~zakkr/C, PostgreSQL, PHP, WWW, http://docs.linux.cz,
http://mape.jcu.cz